At MEMBERS1st, we are devoted to our members and our community, and we believe it is important to offer our time, talents, and resources in order to strengthen communities and create long-lasting relationships. This year, our staff has participated in more than 40 charitable causes that impacted the communities where they live and work.
July 28 – Shortly after our July tornado in Marshalltown, Gene from our Ames office volunteered to help with the extensive clean up efforts. We are proud of the way the community has pulled together!
July 22 – Our MEMBERS1st volunteers had a great time supporting Midnight Madness runners in Ames this year! The annual race kicked off at 7:30 p.m. in front of a lot of spectators and fans. Congratulations to all the participants!
May 6 – Our Boone branch participated in the Home Tweet Home silent auction to benefit Habitat for Humanity. Their birdhouse sold for $75.00 and $17,324.00 was raised overall!
April 21 – As part of the annual Cleaniac Program, MEMBERS1st staff members showed their local pride gathering trash, leaves and light branches at Timber Creek Park in Marshalltown in preparation for the park’s summer use.
April 14 – Members had the opportunity to bring sensitive documents and media materials to our Ames & Marshalltown branches to be shredded at no cost.
March 29 – The Marshalltown Regional Partnership’s Chamber Ambassadors visited our Marshalltown office this week to present MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union with a plaque of recognition! The Certificate of Appreciation was to recognize the credit union’s positive economic contribution to the Marshalltown area. Their visit gave us an opportunity to describe all the services we have to offer and explain how important our members are to us!
March 13 – Several members of our staff had a wonderful time representing MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union at Bowl for Kids’ Sake in Marshalltown! Over 300 bowlers participated and had fun with this year’s theme, “superheroes!”
March 7 – More than 700 credit union supporters — including MEMBERS1st‘s Janet, Braeden and Beth — gathered at the State Historical Building of Iowa Wednesday afternoon to discuss tax legislation that is being presented to the Iowa House. If passed, it will negatively impact Iowa’s credit unions, increasing rates and fees for Iowa’s credit union members!
Supporters then marched up the steps of the Iowa State Capitol and met with House Representatives to explain to them how credit unions are truly different from banks, in philosophy and structure, and how this bill will hurt 1.1 million Iowans!
March 2 – We had a great time with the Healthy Family Fair at the Marshalltown Mall! Thanks to everyone who stopped by the MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union table to see Jane, Michelle and, of course, Buck!
MEMBERS1st is honored to support the communities where our members live and work! Here’s a list of the more than 40 organizations that have benefited from the time and financial contributions of our employees and the credit union over the past year.
- 2017 Marshalltown Regional Partnership Annual Banquet
- American Legion Building Fund
- Ames Area Education Association
- Ames Library Foundation
- Boone County Dialysis Foundation
- Boone County Economic Growth Corporation
- Boone County Fairgrounds
- Boone County Freedom Flight
- Boone Daybreakers
- Boone Daybreakers Kiwanis
- Boone Lions Club & Community Pancake Days
- Bowl for Kids’ Sake – Fundraiser for Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- Business After Hours (Marshalltown Chamber)
- Child Abuse Prevention Services
- Citizens Police Academy
- Cleaniac Park cleanup
- DMACC Boone Campus – In My Boots 5k
- Ecumenical Bible Camp
- Eldora Chamber of Commerce
- Fill the squad car food drive for Emergency Food Box
- Habitat for Humanity (Ames)
- Hardin County Fair
- Healthy Family Fair in Marshalltown
- Iowa Falls Chamber of Commerce
- Iowa Falls Lions Club
- Marshall County Relay for Life
- Marshalltown HS After PROM
- Midnight Madness Run
- National Child Safety
- New K-9 Unit – Boone Co. Sheriff’s Dept.
- North Tama Booster Club
- North Tama High School Year Book
- North Tama Wrestling
- Pufferbilly days
- Rotary Club of Boone
- Salvation Army – Ringing the Bell
- Shawn Petersen Memorial Golf Tournament
- Trivia Night Fundraiser for Iowa Valley Leadership Team
- Trunk or Treat
- United Way of Boone & Story Counties
- Winding Stairs Festival
- Winter clothing drive at all MEMBERS1st branches
- Youth & Shelter Services