MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union is offering seven (7) $1,000 College Scholarships. Five (5) will be awarded to high school seniors who will be graduating in spring 2021; two (2) will be awarded to post-high school, continuing education students and current college students. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room and board, books and other educational expenses during the 2021/2022 academic year. Entries must be submitted no later than Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Central time.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Applicant must be a member of MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union (have an account in their own name) and the membership must have been opened prior to January 1, 2021.
2. Applicant must be entering or attending a vocational, technical, community college or 4-year college in the fall of 2021.
3. Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
4. Past scholarship recipients are not eligible.
5. Applicant is required to write an original essay of no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words on the following topic:
“What has impacted your understanding and attitudes about money, both positively and negatively? What types of financial education, resources or coaching can the credit union provide that will enrich our members’ understanding of money, or enhance the positive attitudes they already have?”
Before completing the form below, please read the instructions carefully. Also note that your application cannot be saved and resumed later. All information given on this application will be kept confidential. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by an independent committee and notified by April 30, 2021. Scholarship winners will be required to submit a photo to be used for various print and electronic media.