What is Skip-a-Payment?
During those times when money is tight and you need a little extra cash, skipping a loan payment may be a solution for you. Our MEMBERS1st Skip-a-Payment program lets members skip one month’s worth of payments on qualified loans, provided certain requirements are met.
There is a $30 fee per loan, not per payment skipped. We are waiving this fee for a limited time as part of our COVID assistance initiative.
HOW TO SKIP YOUR PAYMENTS:
1) Through Online Banking: You can easily apply to skip your loan payment through our Online Banking service. Simply click on SP next to any eligible loan and follow the prompts.
If you have questions about skipping your loan payment, or if you need help submitting the form or setting up Skip-a-Pay in Online Banking, give us a call at (800) 245-6199.
Rules and Information
- Members can apply online, by phone, or by stopping in to any MEMBERS1st branch
- Weekly/Bi-weekly/Semi-monthly loan repay terms eligible – cannot be handled through Online Banking.
- 1 fee of $30.00 skips one month’s worth of payments, ie: 4 for weekly payers, 2 for Bi-weekly/Semi-monthly.
- Fee of $30.00 per payment per loan
Existing consumer closed-end installment loans:
- Loan must be open a minimum of 180 days
- Loan must not be currently past due more than 10 days
- Loan must not have any episodes of delinquency of more than 30 days in the past history
- Member cannot have any overdrawn share or share draft account
- Member cannot be over limit on any ME1st LOC or hoME1st Equity LOC
- Minimum of 6 payments paid between skips
- Maximum of 4 skips on any loan
Not applicable to:
- All Mortgage and Home Equity type loans
- All hoME1st Equity LOC Loans
- All ME1st LOC Loans
- All Certificate Secured Loans