2024 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS
MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union is offering seven (7) $1,000 College Scholarships. Five (5) will be awarded to high school seniors who will be graduating in spring 2024; two (2) will be awarded to post-high school, continuing education students and current college students. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, room and board, books and other educational expenses during the 2024/2025 academic year. Entries must be submitted no later than March 31, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. central time.
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Applicant must be a member of MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union (have an account in their own name) or be the dependent of a parent/guardian who is a member. Accounts must have been opened prior to 12/31/23.
- Applicant must be entering or attending a vocational, technical, community college or 4-year college in the fall of 2024.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Past scholarship recipients are not eligible.
- Applicant is required to write an original essay of no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words on the following topic:
“The banking industry is in a constant state of change and enhancement. It can be challenging for both financial institutions & consumers to keep up with the variety of transaction and payment options available. From a consumer’s standpoint, how can MEMBERS1st Community Credit Union remain relevant to you in the coming years and how can we continue to serve your banking needs?”
Before completing the form below, please read the instructions carefully. Also note that your application cannot be saved and resumed later. All information given on this application will be kept confidential. Scholarship recipients will be chosen by an independent committee and notified by April 30, 2024. Scholarship winners will be required to submit a photo to be used for various print and electronic media.